About

Extras and history

Tagboard

Links

Everyday story
12:05 AM
- Thursday, November 13, 2008
Salam

Alhamdullilah, All praise be to Allah. Just same back from my first Arabic lesson conducted by Ustaz Yazid Salleh. After tonight, I truly believe that everything happens for a reason. The whole of Administration department was schedule to watch "Bee Movie" for a motivation session. Its for our own benefits as we can be motivated by the story line of the movie and implement it to our fighting spirits for our last semester. So upon reaching the lecture theatre, we were told that they would be presenting to us a new movie instead of "Bee Movie". The tittle of that movie is "Horton Hear A Who". Watch it, had fun commenting on the movie. Making silly comments about the "boob joke". A recommendable movie to boost your inspiration.


So getting back to my first day of arabic lesson, I had to catch up the missed lesson and be on the same level as the rest at unit 7. We were having a conversation role play, and we came across the word 'nada'. Nada can be a name of someone or in translating the meaning of the word directly, its dew. So some of my friends were talking about qasidah where there is this sentence of 'nuju min nada' in the qasidah.

Listen to this, the qasidah i'm talking about. Pay attention to the 'nuju min nada' part.

Track 5 - Syamil

So my Ustaz says 'nuju min nada' means the dew at the furthest point of the star. He gave us an exmaple of the movie "Horton Hear A Who". He asked anyone ever watch this movie, and I was glad to say I just did in school today. The beginning scene of the movie starts from a dew sliding down a leave to its edge. You would have a clearer view of the dew at the edge of the leave in the movie itself.

Then Ustaz define the term of 'nuju min nada', its a very poetic way to describe the dew on the edge of the leaves as it edge looks similar as the edge of a star. MasyaAllah. The beauty of learning arabic. =)

He then told me about the story line of that movie and recognise the movie as part of Rasullulah's life and also some of his foe such as Abu Jahal. This hit me hard and kept me thinking about the movie again. Its kinda true. So I believe everything is planned, and happens for a reason.

Thats all for this session of rant. Ma'Salama!